5/3/13

Cru Steakhouse

Cru Steakhouse is located in the Marriott Hotel in Manila. Coming to an expensive restaurant like this, especially one that's inside a hotel, you would expect not just great food but a good dining experience. Although the waiters and waitresses were friendly they did not seem very well trained.



#1 While waiting for our food and drinks to come I took a sip of water and later on realized that there was a fly floating in my glass of water. I wasn't paying attention to what I was drinking so I'm not sure if the fly was already in the water before I took a sip or not. 

Complimentary bread and cheese (left to right: tomato, spinach (?), parmesan)

Baked Oyster Rockefeller & Kataifi Wrapped Jumbo Prawns PHP 1,600
"Tomato cucumber salsa, chili garlic cream"

CRU Caesar PHP 500
(only half a serving is seen because we asked them to split the salad to two)
"Crisp pancetta, garlic herb crouton, parmesan cheese dressing - tossed tableside"

Baked Scallops and Enoki Mushrooms PHP 720
"Creamy garlic chili sauce"

#2 After two follow-ups on my drink, it finally arrived almost an hour after ordering.
Sparkling Strawberry Mimosa PHP 350

Bourbon Baked Salmon PHP 1,300
"Warm potato salad, asian slaw"
I honestly did not like this dish that much and I think it's overpriced.

US Prime Rib Steak PHP 5,200 (900 gm, medium cooked)
"Choice of 5 CRU side dishes, 2 sauces, carved tableside"

The first side dish we ordered was the grilled portabello mushrooms which is seen in the upper right part of the photo.

Second and third side dish:
steamed asparagus, parmesan butter
black truffle risotto (my favorite side dish)

Fourth and fifth side dish:
shredded corn
whipped potato
 I wasn't able to take a photo of the two sauces that we ordered - black pepper and shiraz.

CRU Dessert Sampler PHP 320
"Peach panna cotta tart, warm chocolate cake, Grand Marnier ice cream"

Vanilla Souffle PHP 350
"Raspberry sauce, maple syrup ice cream"
I liked this the most out of the other desserts we ordered. I don't think the ice cream flavor was maple syrup though, it just tasted like vanilla ice cream. 


Crepe Flambe PHP 390
"Selection of fruits with brandy caramel sauce, prepared table-side"

Then just as we were waiting for the bill incident #3 happened when the waitress was struggling to balance a glass of water on a tray and passed my lolo and splashed some water on him.

I understand that the incidents were all accidental but I just wanted to share my experience here. I also want to point out that the staff were all really nice and that they let us order one dessert for free as an apology for the fly incident.


Cru Steakhouse
Address: Manila Marriott Hotel, 10 Newport Blvd, Domestic Airport, Pasay City

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, what a webpage it is! This webpage gives
    useful facts to us, keep it up.

    Also visit my webpage :: Bmi Calculator Female

    ReplyDelete