5/6/13

Wildflour Cafe + Bakery (Podium)

Wildflour in the Fort still stands as the restaurant's main branch. The one in Podium has a total of only 10 tables, 6 outside and 4 inside (the second floor does not have any tables.) When I took a look at their menu I realized that they did not have many of the dishes that they offer in the Fort - like the bone marrow, flambes and burgers. Only a selection of dishes are available here due to the limited space. As I was talking to the waitress though she mentioned that they're still going to try to bring in more of the dishes to Podium. 

They also implemented semi-self service to this branch - where you'll have to order in the counter, grab a seat and wait for the server to bring you your food. Even with the limited space they still managed to squeeze in a display of their baked goodies.

The wine display on the ledge acts as a nice touch to the interior while using storage space efficiently. 



Homemade Strawberry-Lemon Soda PHP 170
I loved this! It reminded me a lot of IHOP's Splashberry except without the actual strawberries.

Agua Fresca PHP 110
"Cucumber, lime, mint"

It was both refreshing and different, which my mom enjoyed.

Parmesan Churros PHP 160
Lightly crispy on the outside + airy and gooey inside. If you're a cheese lover like I am and you're looking for a light appetizer then get this! Not something I'd get to finish on my own though since it's pretty greasy.

Ham and Brie Sandwich (with a side of chips / salad) PHP 320
"Cornichons, wild arugula, pain de mie"
Forgive me! My mom and I grabbed one end of the sandwich each as soon as the waitress brought it to the table. I was too hungry that I forgot to take a photo and wouldn't have if my mom didn't remind me. It was good but it would've been better if it was served warm with the brie melted (drool), instead of cold. You can never go wrong with a ham and brie sandwich! I'm not much of a fan of ham, but ham and brie make a good match so it's an exception.


Valrhona Salted Chocolate Cake PHP 185
I didn't really taste much of the salt but it was a pretty damn good chocolate cake. The cake was dense and moist + the frosting was rich and decadent, all the good things you'd want in a chocolate cake. 
By this time I noticed how generous they are with their dishes. It's not obvious in the photo but the slice of cake was huge that my mom and I couldn't even finish it. The sandwich was stuffed with ham, brie, wild arugula and pickles; and the churros were topped with lots of grated parmesan cheese.

Menu


Wildflour Cafe + Bakery (Podium)
Address: G/F The Podium, ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Wilfdlour Cafe + Bakery (Bonifacio Global City)
Address: Net Lima Building, 4th ave. cor. 26th street, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
Telephone No.: 856-7600

3 comments:

  1. Great info. Lucky me I discovered your site by chance (stumbleupon).
    I have saved as a favorite for later!

    My web site - waist hip ratio calculator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Ur site was a big help!!
    Now we now where's are next food spotting!!

    ReplyDelete